The Wiffen family have owned their Marlborough property 'St. Claire' since 1907. Situated on the Southern side of the Wairau valley floor. The property lies on free draining Alluvial soils with some pockets of richer soil.
The vineyard was first planted in 1980 with the first harvests being sold on to other wineries. 1997 saw the first release under the properties own Charles Wiffen label.
Off-dry in style. The nose shows notes of lychee, lemon zest, crushed lime leaf and rosewater. The palate is luscious and mouth-filling with a rich concentration, delicately balanced and exuding flavours of Turkish delight, lemon and spice.