Winesale wants your opinions to be heard
Shopping with Winesale.co.nz is about getting the most from your wine buying (and wine drinking!) experience. We want our customers to get the information they need to make smart wine buying choices, and we'd love you to help us do that.
Who can rate and publish comments on our wine?
Anyone who has purchased a wine on Winesale.co.nz can publish comments on that wine. All we ask is that you follow a few simple rules (see "What’s not allowed" below).
Tips on writing great wine comments
- Judge the wine in its price field: If you are commenting on a $10 wine it’s not helpful to compare it to a bottle that cost ten times that. Our customers want to know how well the wine measures up against wines of a similar price.
- Say "why" you liked/disliked the wine: Our star rating system tells us what you thought of the wine - use the comments to tell us why you felt that way.
- Colour, smell, taste: Talking about these things is a good place to start when discussing wine. What aspects of the colour, smell and taste of the wine stood out to you? Remember everyone’s pallets are different and there is no right or wrong answer. Don’t be afraid to describe the wine in your own words.
- Tell us "when" and "how" you drank the wine: After work, with dinner, with fish, before breakfast? This gives our customers a better insight into how they might use the wine. For example saying you tried the wine with a juicy barbecued steak and loved it is good information to know.
- Be entertaining: Drinking wine is fun, reading reviews about wine should be fun too!
- Full disclosure: If you are involved with the wine you are reviewing in any way please clearly and conspicuously disclose your involvement in your comments.
What's not allowed
Winesale is pleased to provide this forum for you to share your opinions on our wines. While we appreciate your time and comments, we reserve the right to remove comments that include any of the following:
- Objectionable material: Obscene or distasteful content, profanity or spiteful remarks.
- Promotional content and/or bias: Advertisements, promotional material or a series of ratings and comments which repeat excessively. Reviews written for any form of compensation.Comments by or on behalf of a person or company with a financial interest in the wine being reviewed or in a competing wine or in a company with competing interests to Winesale.co.nz. Comments relating to any other wine vendor.
- Irrelevant content: Comments which are irrelevant, off-topic and/or generally unhelpful.
- Inappropriate content: Any personal information, phone numbers, addresses, and URLs external to Winesale.co.nz. Other peoples content. Solicitations for helpful votes. Feedback about typos or inaccuracies in our catalog or product description (instead contact customer service at ). Details about price, availability and alternate vendors. Feedback on your overall ordering/shipping experience with Winesale.co.nz (instead go here.)